Monday, July 12, 2010

Creating a great campaign

When I first moved back to Puerto Rico, I worked for a company called Information on Hold. Even though I was only there for a few months, I learned the importance of using a very short message to advertise a product or service.

I also had the priviledge of doing all the hospitality ads because I was the only copywriter that happened to be bilingual. Those were my absolute favorite campaigns to work on. My least favorite? Hardware stores. This was before my Home Depot obsession began, so to me, the difference between a Phillips head, a flat head and a roofing nail was completely wasted on me. It took me a while to sort things out and the customers were great explaining over the phone. The bottom line, we had 30 seconds to make a statement.

Now I do something similar on twitter every day. It is not about advertising only, it is about providing great information to get your clients to trust you. That is the most important thing. Once your clients trust you, they will take your advice and invest in your product or service. Your message does not have to be long to be effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment