Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Having Fun at Whatever Job You Have

I remember when I was in my 20's, I worked for Blockbuster Video. There were three positions in the counter. One person had to check the return box, and since they were closest to the door, they would also act as the greeter. The middle position was for the Manager and the third position was for check outs.

One day my manager said that he loved having me in the return box, which was not my favorite position, because I was a great greeter. He believed it was that I loved the sound of my own voice and sounded enthusiastic. In all honesty, I'm not crazy about the way my voice sounds. I have always believed that when you are at work you do things well and you treat people the way you want to be treated. When I go to a store, I want to be the most important customer. This is why I took the time to greet every single person that came through that door.

Life is full of situations. You might have hit your foot on the table leg, your kids might be sick or your love life might be in the grave. If you carry that baggage all day long, it is not going to solve your problems. It just makes everything else worse. Deal with your issues when you have to, have as much fun as you can at work and enjoy every task you do. There are many people in the world that have no income or job to look forward to. Be greatful, enjoy your job and learn as much as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment